Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Cottage by the Sea II


Are you there, Miss Rumphius?

Do you know her?  She a character in a children's book who goes around planting flowers and making the world more beautiful.  I remember that this story was in a basal reading book that I used to use in my classroom years ago; I hadn't thought of that story in ages. It wasn't my intent to recreate her setting. But, after this painting was finished, I thought of Miss Rumphius; I'm sure she'd approve.  
There's one other reason this painting might look familiar... I've painted it before.  Yes, there's another Cottage by the Sea out there somewhere.  It hung on the wall in my bedroom for a long time because I loved it.  The day it sold was a happy/sad day.   I got an identical giclee to put in it's place.  Eventually that sold too.  Nothing has looked just right in that spot on the wall since.
So... yeah... I just painted it again.  I like this one even better. It makes me happy. I can think of so many stories that might take place in this setting...

This painting was fortunate to be included in a lovely Etsy treasury (collection of related vintage items and art pieces) called Stages of Thought.  Click and have a look.

Original Oil Painting on 16"x 20" Wrapped Canvas
You can click "Cottage by the Sea II" if you'd like to purchase this painting.

"Cottage by the Sea" can be purchased in several forms.
Contact me if you'd like to purchase this image as a giclee, a print, or note cards.

2 comments:

  1. it makes me happy too. And I remember Miss Rumphius!

    ReplyDelete