Monday, September 1, 2014

Acorns & Autumn Leaf

How long has it been?


It's been over a month since I've painted.  August is just hard for a teacher.  Taking that last family reunion trip, getting the classroom ready, all the before-school inservice meetings, parent night, beginning-of-the-year paperwork, getting to know new kids, and sound sleep to get ready to go again.

I've been aching to paint, but every minute in August, seems to be claimed for some other purpose.
I do have one really big project that I've worked on here and there, but I really wanted to paint something that I could finish. This little still life was just right.

Our house is surrounded by trees that put on a fabulous show in Autumn.  Last year, I picked up a variety of leaves and nuts and laid them out to snap some photos.  The were so beautiful, that they honestly looked fake... All of these came from my yard.   
 
Original Oil Painting on 6"x 8" Wrapped Canvas
[SOLD]

No comments:

Post a Comment