Saturday, April 1, 2017

Sunflower Fence Mural - Hidden Surprises

The sunflower fun began last summer with my dad's sunflower field then the whole sunflower harvest adventure that followed.
I mentioned in the last post that I'd hidden some surprises in the mural.  My goal was to make them unnoticeable, yet once discovered, impossible to miss. What fun!



Zoom in...
Can you find them?
Need a hint?


The mural was Sheila's idea. It hides the pool equipment at Welcome Home Retreat.  

I think she loved the surprise... having her grandkids' names in the flowers.



See if this helps.
Oh, my goodness!
What fun it was for me to see these little ones searching for their names!

I think they were pretty proud.










And another little surprise in the grass of the other side.

I hope the guests at Welcome Home Retreat enjoy it too.

8 comments:

  1. It's a beautiful addition to WHR!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you think so, Sandy. I love that I get to leave a little mark or two there.

      Delete
  2. That's a great idea and beautiful, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I can say is clever, clever, clever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll take that! I try to have a clever moment every now and then.

      Delete
  4. Firstly very beautiful and I’m so trying this, one question what kind of paint you used ☺️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It's great fun and I hope you love your own! I used acrylic outdoor paint. I honestly do not remember the brand, but the paint guy at Home Depot or Lowe's can help you know which is right. I believe I used semi-gloss, not high gloss and not flat.
      I hope that helps! I'd love to see a photo of yours when it's finished.

      Delete