Saturday, October 7, 2017

Blowing Bubbles (Again!)

Let's try this again.

This an example of what happens when you want to be finished... you try to convince yourself it's fine... you focus on all the things that ARE right... "I love the bubbles and the shirt and the toes and the..." hoping the face will miraculously be become right too.
... sigh... 

When will I ever learn?

If you flip back and forth between the two, you'll see the little nips and tucks that made the difference.

* Reshaped the ear
* Moved the eye down and back
* Took some off the lips
* Skinnied up the neck
* Shaved off the chin
* Straightened the nose
* Backed up and softened the jawline
* Lowered and softened the brow
* Lightened the cheek
* Highlighted instead of shadowed the nose bridge

Goodness gracious!  Seems like I just made a whole new face!

I still love the bubbles and the shirt and the toes and... but now I love the face too.

I may sound a little like I'm giving a speech at the Oscars, but I have a few people to thank. First, my art friend Nelvia so gently let me know it wasn't quite finished. Next, my art partner Jolene helped me find each needed tweak during our weekly paint time. And of course my neice Bev trusted me to put her little one on canvas. Thanks, guys!

Next, I think I'll paint something low stress like maybe a lime.

10 comments:

  1. This is amazing! You are right, you have changed the boy in Judah! Chapeau!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do see the difference! He's done now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's kind of crazy how different such small strokes make, isn't it.

      Delete
  3. Oh yeah, now you at cooking, it always is the little things, that slight difference here or there but adds up. Congrats to you!! Never will 😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! Thank you for words that made me take a another look.

      Delete
  4. Thank you for the lesson - wow, I followed each tweak closely, back-and-forthing between the two versions. Wow. who knew. He's adorable period, but now...YES. You've got his toddler personality in there, the blowing without forcing to make the magic happen. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it. But I don't know if it's a lesson as much as a record of trial and error! I do love flipping back and forth at the subtle changes and their big effects.

      Delete
  5. It is a great way to learn from ones mistakes and the final result is astounding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you! Mistakes seem to be one of my best teachers... goodness knows I make so many! I'm glad they're useful. Now if only I wouldn't repeat the same ones over and over!
      I think Anne Shirley of Anne of Green Gables said something like, "I never make the same mistake twice. But there are just so many mistakes to make once!"

      Delete