Tuesday, December 19, 2017

MMMooooo!! Hooray for Cows!

The white cow is saying, "Hey, y'all!"
The brown one is saying, "We look good, eh?"
(Please insert appropriate Southern and Canadian accents.)

This is the tale of two good friends
But not the kind with tails on their ends.

They're kindred spirits of a nature divine
That all began with a picture bovine.

With a note to Ontario from way down in Arkansas,
A bond started forming, much to their shock and awe.

It was a little green cow face made for a quilt
On a PInterest pin that this friendship was built

So as you watch these gals chew their cud this fine day.
Know that they're thinking, "Those girls could find a way." 

One day they'll meet, whether north, south, or between.
And to think it all started with a little cow of green.



Here's that Pinterest picture that started it all.

Which led to me clicking it and going to the blog behind it...

Which led to me loving the blog and deciding to read it from the beginning...

Which led to me realizing it was time for me to retire...  (Yeah... y'all can tell that there's more to that story, eh?)

So... back to the little green cow face...

Which led to more cow faces and even some poems and limericks as each was named...

Which led to this amazing quilt...

... and a lot of blog comments and e-mails in between...




Which led to... a Little Green Cow quilt block of my VERY OWN!!!

She's gorgeous!
And, she hangs on the wall of my Atelier, my painting space, where she watches every thing that goes on!





So...
Full circle it comes with moos and wows!
Today I say, "Hooray for cows!"

H











Original Oil Painting on 20"x 20" Canvas
[SOLD]

2 comments:

  1. No words. Just tears. One day my friend, one fine not-too-distant day. Okay words (another thing we share): that brown kind of mussy-haired cow (good drink, just mentioned it to someone today, a Brown Cow, made with Kahlua!!), anyhow, her hair resembles mine today! Not 20 minutes ago I was looking in the mirror, cut a couple long white ones I spied, (insert eye roll) and thought Sandra, you need to get a haircut; it's kind of wild and windblown! Grin!
    btw the white one's wrinkles on her neck and shadowing under her ear are incredible, so lifelike!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked it! Those three MMMs in the title are in your honor!

      Delete