Thursday, January 25, 2018

New Chickens! (and my latest painting project)

My poor city-boy husband... turned farmer... just shakes his head, sighs, and says, "Ok..." when I ask, "What would you think about me getting a couple more chickens... three?  It's a great deal!  She's going to give me the chickens, the coop, the food, the feeding supplies..."


Yesterday was (finally) a pretty day, so I spent a few hours talking them, letting them get used to me, and painting their house green (to match the rest of the farm... wouldn't want them to be embarrassed for not fitting in!)

Here you can see the four white and gray ones coming to check out the new red ones.


 Today was their first time to be out of the coop.  They seem happy to be free.

They're sweet little things... friendly... curious... happy to be out scratching around and getting to know their new area.
I thought since the four  had had a chance to "get to know" the new three during the week they were in their coop, that maybe they'd be nice once they were all free to hang out in the back yard and woods.








Ummm... they were not exactly welcoming.

Ok... they were rude.

Full disclosure... they were mean.

Hmph!  

2 comments:

  1. Who knew that chickens could be so interesting?! Hope they will all get along sooner rather than later! There's just something about seeing chickens wandering around a yard that I just love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree more. I find it very calming and peaceful.

      Delete