Saturday, February 10, 2018

Yellow Butterfly in Some Pink Daisies

How come the paintings that should be simple sometimes aren't?
Hmph!

This little painting was supposed to be a little in-between one.  
I was going to begin it one evening then finish it the next day or so. 
Bah!

I did the background...then changed it completely... 
I blocked in the flowers...  then re-painted them... 
I added the butterfly... finished it... re-did it... finished it again...
Ugh!

It looked fake... something was missing...
I put in some grass...
Nope...

The flowers were good, the butterfly was good, the background was good...
But nothing went together.  
It looked like I'd painted them separately then cut them out and glued them together! Besides that, it looked like a painting about pink flowers that just happened to have a yellow butterfly on them instead of a painting about a yellow butterfly sitting on pink flowers.
Hugh Sigh!

Like it was a misbehaving child, I decided to ignore it... 
Walk away... just walk away... 

Finally I added a little more grass... highlighted the flowers... messed up all the perfect lines on the butterfly... took out one big flower completely... put a glaze on part of the background... and... finally signed my name.

And all that for little bitty 6"x 8"  canvas!
Sheesh!

I like it though. 😁


Original Oil Painting on 6"x 8" Wrapped Canvas
If you'd like to own this lovely little painting, just click "Yellow Butterfly in Some Pink Daisies."

No comments:

Post a Comment