Friday, June 22, 2018

Apple Slices V

I want to give my artist friend Nelvia a shout out... and... a big thank you. 
She invited me to participate in a Facebook challenge to post a paining every day for a week.  
If I'm being completely honest, I did not want to do that!  
I always put my art out in the world for strangers, but I rarely do for the people I know.  What if they don't like it? What if they are annoyed that I'm posting every day? What if they unfriend me? 
How's that for pitiful art self confidence!
Well, of course, none of that happened. It was pretty much the opposite.
People made such nice comments, and friends I hadn't heard from in years  decades reached out!
One of those friends was Dayna.  She lived down the hall from me when I was a freshman in college.  Besides a  wedding a few years ago, we hadn't had a conversation in 34 years!  Through a few Facebook conversations, we discovered that we now live in the same area, both retired recently, and both wanted to do art with friend.  It has been so good to reconnect.
I've used this little apple several times.  It's a good little first-time-to-paint picture. 
So... thank you so much Nelvia. And... guess what... This isn't the only fantastic thing to come from your challenge... Stay tuned!!  

Original Oil Painting on 5"x 7" Wrapped Canvas.
Click "Apple Slices V" if you'd like to purchase this little painting.

4 comments:

  1. Very positive, uplifting post! The love for friendship and re connection is inspiring, just like the painting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Yes! But just wait... This isn't the only reconnection that happened!

      Delete
  2. So totally over google.. anyway didn’t I tell you we’d see what nice things would happen. So glad you participated, loved seeing some new and old ones I had forgotten. Can’t wait to hear more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uh oh... Has Google been messing with you!
      Yes, you did tell me that nice things would come of the challenge. :)

      Delete