Monday, January 28, 2019

Oranges Still Life 2

No, it's not a repeat from earlier this month.  Yes, I already painted a still life of oranges, but it sold before I even got a chance to enjoy it on my own wall for a while.  So, I bought a few more oranges, set them up, took dozens of reference photos, then had a snack of orange slices while I chose which picture to put on canvas.  
I don't paint with the color orange often enough, and I want to improve my comfort level with it.  Maybe I'll paint oranges until it's easy for me... Sigh... that might end up being a lot of paintings of oranges.  I suppose I could switch to monarch butterflies... or day lilies... or goldfish... or candy corn... or autumn leaves... or camp fires... or tabby kittens... or...
You have to trust me... do not Google "things that are orange" unless you want to see a lot of images of a certain person's face.

Click HERE to visit my blog friend Sara.  She's written about these oranges and has beautiful photographs she's taken of oranges.

Original Oil Painting on 11"x 14" Wrapped Canvas
[SOLD]

4 comments:

  1. I have always loved the colour orange....I think because my mom loved it and there were touches of orange in the home I grew up in. Although....my mom also loved the colour dusty rose and I absolutely detest that colour! Your orange painting is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha... I did laugh at the memory of dusty rose.... that (and I think sea-foam green or country blue) were all the rage back in the '80s!
      I am growing to love orange more and more... sunsets, a duck's bill and feet, ripe cantaloupe... It is a color that smiles, yes?

      Delete
  2. I didn't realize it was a new one, you snuck that one in. Was just going to leave a message and ask you what you are up took as I thought you were quiet!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I guess I haven't finished much painting this month. You know... there is a very good reason... a brand new grand baby girl arrived! And, that brought not one, but two trips to Maryland! :)

      Delete