Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Quote Booklets, Words to Live By


I've been a collector of quotes for a long time.  
An adage I've heard all my life...
   a sentence out of a novel... 
        a line from a movie... 
             a verse from the Bible...
                   a thought from a children's book...
                         a chorus from a song...
Words from a president, a coach, an author, an actor, a scientist, a CEO...

Whenever I came across a good one, I'd write it down in a little hand-made booklet that I had. It couldn't be just any old quote, it had to be one that I loved. 
                   
Then a few years ago, I made a little booklet with 52 of my favorite quotes with 52 of my favorite images.  It was a great little gift for friends, family,  and co-workers.
Recently I realized that I'd collected plenty more favorite quotes and I'd painted plenty more pictures, so I made a new one.

I called this one "... A Thousand Words." Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words and sometimes just a few words are enough.

It makes me smile to see my favorite paintings and my favorite words together.

If you'd like one (or more), click "... A Thousand Words" or "It Is Well..." where they're available in my Etsy shop. 
😊
H















2 comments:

  1. OMGosh! Love these quotes. and what a good idea to jot them down before we forget! Enjoy this beautiful day!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've always loved the power of words. It was fun to combine them with my paintings for this project.

      Delete