Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Whimsical Santas




Four Friendly Fellas with Fancy Frosty Facial hair
Wore their Funny Felt hats with a Fine Festive Flair!

Thinking about Christmas in August?? What??
Well, it seems like I'm always painting "in season" when the mood feels right, but by the time I finish, the season has passed.  This time I got a head start.  My art friends and I spent the weekend at Welcome Home Retreat where I had a three goals:
  • GOAL 1 - Finish 4 of Whimsical Santas all with the same image but in different styles.
    • DONE
      • I am so intrigued by style. I asked each of the other artists and crafters there which they were the most and least drawn to.  Everybody had different opinions and different reasons for them. I love that.
  • GOAL 2 - Finish 4 Nutcracker Santas all with the same image but in  different styles.
    • HALF DONE
      • I got distracted by everything in GOAL 3.
  • GOAL 3 - Enjoy every minute.
    • DONE
      • Rocked in the red rocking chairs on the porch while watching the turkeys and chickens.
      • Ate amazing food prepared by Don and Jackie. 
      • Sat in the hot tub until our fingers were wrinkled.
      • Tried to learn to play the Bob Ross board game.
      • Helped my partners create their own Bitmojis.
      • Talked, laughed, and relaxed.

Original Oil Paintings on 6"x 12" Wrapped Canvases
The third one can be found for sale in my Etsy shop. Click if you want to purchase him.
The other three are  [SOLD]

2 comments:

  1. Well still can't post on my regular safari so will try here. Aren't you the smartie, getting ahead like this. Know they will do well in the shop. I started thinking about Christmas cards, just thinking though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We just have to make ourselves stay a season (or two) ahead so that things will be ready once the season arrives! I am not good about doing that at all!

      Delete