Saturday, September 5, 2020

Autumn Pleasure

The older I get, the more appreciation I have for fall.  Maybe it's because I have more time to appreciate it now.  Before, I only thought of fall as those hectic weeks of getting the school year started. Recently though, I have taken such pleasure in this time of year.
I asked my husband, "What do you look forward to about autumn?"  
He said, "Driving down the driveway when all the trees turn gold. Seeing the big yellow tree behind the house. Feeling the brisk air when you need a jacket but only a light one."
Ahhh... good answers! 
Our view when coming down the driveway.
The big yellow hickory tree behind our house.
We are lucky to live in a part of the country that gets all kinds of beautiful fall colors.  I picked up the leaves for this little painting around our home one day last autumn. 
So many amazing colors... what a pleasure!
We look forward to watching our leaves change once again during the next few weeks.

These pretty leaves were painting in response to this month's Inspiration Collaboration Image photograph by Sara.

Original Oil Painting on 8"x 10" Wrapped Canvas
[GIFT]

2 comments:

  1. What a pretty drive with all those lovely trees! Our leaves are just beginning to turn, now that the cooler weather has set in. The trees in our yard are still green, but I expect they will change soon. Nice painting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, our trees do put on a show for us each year. It's coming soon. I can feel it in the air!

      Delete