Friday, March 17, 2023

Arched Rock Bridge


 Looks like a peaceful scene to come across on a hike.

I'm still finding ways to use up the left over paint from the palettes of our students a few weeks ago.  As long as I put it in the freezer between uses, oil paint will last a long long time.
By the time I finally get through all the little left over piles of earthy hues, I may be ready to paint with some bright red, orange, and purple!

My weekly-ish challenge was "Manmade."  It took me a long time to settle on what I wanted to do for that.  I wanted to think of something where everything was nature except that one thing.
I'm going to love seeing this one on my own wall until someone wants it for their own.

Original Oil Painting on 11"x 14" Wrapped Canvas
[SOLD]

8 comments:

  1. A lovely scene, and I think I would enjoy walking over that bridge. Fun that you are using up the oil paints - is that called scrappy painting then, like scrappy quilts? Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, not only have I been scrappy painting. I've been scrappy quilting! I'll have to send you an email and show you what I've been up to!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks so much. It would be a lovely place to picnic, don't you think?

      Delete
  3. This is just lovely, is it an actual scene or from your incredible head?
    In case I haven't mentioned it, I adore my painting, and viewing it everyday gives me such joy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I love that you have one of my paintings on your wall. No, I rarely paint something straight from my "incredible head." I usually try to paint from a reference photo that I've taken. In this case, I used two or three references that I found to create it.

      Delete
  4. Using up paint agrees with you.
    . Needing an update on lessons my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I'll send you some pictures of what I've done in March.

      Delete