Thursday, September 10, 2026

Purple Onion

This is is a painting of a big purple onion...
(Just a description in case you wondered.)
LOL!
Sometimes as I walk through a museum and read about the deep meanings of paintings, I wonder if all great works of art have to have a "deep meaning." Can a painting not just be a really good painting?  Does it have to mean something more?

My Weekly-ish Challenge this week was pretty specific. "Purple Onion Done From Life on a 6"x 6" Canvas."  Wow... really specific... not much room for interpretation!

How can I describe how I feel about painting from life without using such a strong word as hate?  But, I do follow rules, and I even had Ron take a picture of me following the rules as proof for my partner.  She and I do laugh so much when we talk each week-ish to reveal our paintings.
First I did a warm up "purple onion from life on 6"x 6" just to see if I could!
Original Oil Painting on 6"x 6" Wrapped Canvas
Click "Purple Onion" if you'd like to have it for yourself.  You can attach your own deep meaning. 

6 comments:

  1. I think your Ode to Purple Onion is quite nice! Do you like painting small?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A humble little vegetable... deserves some praise!
      I do like painting small... but I love painting big!

      Delete
  2. Gosh it looks perfect! You nailed the color and the layers and those little hairs.
    Are you saying you hate purple onions?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No! I don't hate purple onions at all. It's the painting from life that is far from how I enjoy painting.

      Delete
  3. It looks amazing! Thank you so much for sharing, and I hope you have a lovely weekend ahead! :)

    ReplyDelete