Thursday, October 8, 2026

Willowing Arts: Year of Magic & Fairy Tales (September)

... Still a life-long learner... 
...Still practicing art...
...Still trying new things...
Drawing, acrylic paint.
The underlayer was the shadows in browns then color added as a second layer.
Acrylic, collage paper, stencils, bubble wrap, white pen, colored pencil
It seemed odd to stencil paint the flowers black.  I didn't have the white spray
paint for a spritzy touch, but I used what I had to make an interesting effect.
Drawing, watercolor, colored pencil, pen
I had to be brave with blue, right across the face, neck, & chest for shadows
The water looks like fire... or the back of a dragon walking past... oh well...
And, the hair is a little more Medusa and a little less flowing... again... oh well...
Watercolor, India ink flow, splatter on wet, Posca pen
As I've done many many lessons, I've learned that I can do what
I want and ignore what I want... nobody's checking my work.
I tend to leave out the spiritual, ritual, mystical, symbolic parts.
I like my two plain old gnarly trees just fine.  
Craft paint, colored pencil
Hmmm... Okay... It's a momma bear dreaming???
Book page, Watercolor pencils, splatter
I got a book of Robert Frost poems at an estate sale for 50 cents. 
Money well spent!
Drawing, alcohol markers, colored pencils, letter stamps
This was my second attempt at learning to use alcohol markers.
I was more successful than the first try... still don't quite have the knack...

Collage papers, stencil, penwork
It was supposed to be an oracle card,
but I just call it a card with a pretty design.
I've kind of enjoyed making some of these projects
into notecards that can be used.

6 comments:

  1. Wow you are not constrained by style or material. I'd not imagine combining some of those media. I need to get some watercolour pencils...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Do get some watercolor pencils! (Like with anything else, I've discovered that the cheapest brand works, but it isn't the best option.) Yeah, I think I have two distinct art sides. With my oils, I'm neat and tidy and rule conscience. With my mixed media... I'm kind of a mess all over the place!

      Delete
  2. There's just something fun about trying things, whether they work out or no. If something is learned in the process, it's not a loss. Always fun to see what you are experimenting with!

    ReplyDelete