Thursday, December 20, 2012

So Sweet

How does it feel to give a painting to someone?

First, there's excitement followed by a tiny bit of insecurity.  "She's going to be so happy... I hope...  She's going to love it... I hope...  She's going to cry or squeal or gasp or be speechless... I hope!..."  
Next, I suppose I try to cover that insecurity by being nonchalant.  I think I might even avoid being right there when she actually sees it for the first time.
Then, there's relief when she loves it. 
Finally, I feel such joy and satisfaction knowing that the colors and shapes I put onto a canvas have made someone smile and that it's going to be loved.

FYI... that sweet little one is a grand-student.  Do you know what that means?  His momma there was once a sweet little ten year old in my fourth grade class!

Original Oil Painting on Wrapped Canvas
[GIFT]

No comments:

Post a Comment