Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Tweet!

Do you tweet?

I don't have a Twitter account, and I don't think I've ever gotten a tweet.  Does that make me behind the times?  If so, think I can live with it.  

There aren't many bluebirds around my part of the country.  They seem like sweet little birds.  Maybe one day a pair will join the cardinals and robins and mocking birds and jays and wrens and owls that live in the trees around my house.

I painted this little guy a year or two ago but decided he was worth another.  I love the blotchy colors in the background that just allude to the idea of a tree or bushes behind him.  There's a kind of movement in the lights and darks and colors that makes me not mind not seeing leaves and trees or anything specific.  It's kind of hard to get an expression on a bird's face, but I think the spark in his eye gives him a curious attitude.

[SOLD]






No comments:

Post a Comment