Monday, November 27, 2017

My Love & Ksses

Looks like I've flipped ahead on my calendar by a couple of months!  
Is it ever too early for love & kisses though?

I have a reason for painting ahead of the season, and it goes along with some exciting news.

You know those times one event ties in to a completely unrelated event relates to another unrelated event then ties into yet another and so on and so on until the story becomes a saga... but then... then... it all ties together and comes full circle in the best way? 
Well...
I had one of those a couple of weeks ago.
My exciting news is the end result of that full circle story.

My doctor asked me to hang my art on his exam room walls.  I know it's not a gallery in a museum, but oh my goodness, I am so excited!  

There's that lag time after the nurse takes your blood pressure and gets your list of complaints that you're left alone in the room to sit and wait.... and now... to look to your left and see some paintings! 
He gets a pretty wall.
I sell a painting every now and then.
Yeah! Win-win!
I had to gather up all the paintings I had around the house to see if I could find some that would go nicely together.  I had enough for a farm or country room and a winter or Christmas room.  (I also put the big hollyhock painting in the hall between them, but I forgot to take a photo of that one.)

So, now do you see why I'm painting a valentine?  In a month I'll need to trade out the Christmas-y ones.  (Although a more positive outlook would be that the Christmas paintings would have sold out and need to be replaced!)

Original Oil Painting on 6"x 8" Wrapped Canvas
[SOLD]

2 comments: