Monday, October 22, 2018

Bippity Boppity Pumpkin

 
Fall is in the air!

We went for a walk down our neighborhood road the other day... 
...and found that one of our neighbors had planted a whole section of his yard with pumpkins.  The whole yard was covered in gorgeous vines with big orange pumpkins tucked here and there.  

Right then and there Ron decided that we'd cover the hillside of our pond...
...with pumpkin vines next year.
Just on the other side of this rise is our little pond...
... where the deer drink each day.  But, the neighbor kid told me that the deer didn't bother their pumpkin patch.  His word is as good as Google, I suppose.  Next year, that hillside will be covered! 
I walked back today to take a picture of their patch.  It was gone, but...

... the kid said, "You can take pictures of our pumpkins if you want to!"  Yes!  I wanted to!
Things look pretty green still, but as I walked home, I really began to notice autumn showing up.
The air is crisp, and the leaves are just beginning to turn.



We have so many trees that turn beautiful golds and yellows.
Some turn red...
 ... like this dogwood.  It may have been this very limb that I painted a while ago... Only it was covered with big white blossoms then.


I love that we have all four seasons here; however, I need autumn to hold off just a little longer...
... so that the rest of my tomatoes can turn red!

In other fall news, those four baby chicks who hatched in August are nearly as big as their mama now.  I'm waiting for each of them to either crow or lay an egg.
And finally... our old faithful autumn friend is beginning to put on his annual golden show.  The hickory tree beside our deck...
... We love him so!


Acrylic Painting on 16"x 20" Wrapped Canvas
[SOLD]

2 comments:

  1. Love the leaves in closeup shots! Autumn always makes me feel the year went ahead so fast before I know it is going to be another year again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if it's an age thing. As a kid, I don't remember ever caring to notice the beauty of fall. The older I get, the move I love it.

      Delete