Friday, November 9, 2018

Purple Tulips on Yellow (Palette Knife)


As I started my second YouTube lesson on using the palette knife to paint tulips, I thought I'd be more comfortable and a little better at it... Nope... Still hard.  Every stroke is its own little scary event.  It seems to help if I make sound effects. For a leaf, "Psshhhhhtttt!" works pretty well.  On the other side maybe, "Whhhhsshhh!"  When going back in to fix a wrong spot on a leaf, just a little "Ffffffttt!" seems to do.  The flower strokes require more vowels.  A quick, "Uuuuhh!" or an, "Eeeek!" or an, "OoooKay!"
Painting with a palette knife turns out to be a noisy process. And, no, that part wasn't in the lesson.

I cannot wait until this one is dry so I can run my fingers across it and feel the textures of the paint.


Oil painting on 10"x 10" wrapped canvas
Click "Purple Tulips on Yellow (Palette Knife)" if you'd like to purchase this little painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment