Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Pink Daisy II

I celebrated 12 years as a painter last week.
In honor of that, how about 12 things I love about painting:

  • I love putting the highlight sparkle in eye of a person or animal.  (As soon as I do, I always say, "Well, hello! I've been waiting for you!")
  • I love to paint on a really big canvas.
  • I love signing my paintings in the bottom right corner. (Sometimes it has to be bottom left.)
  • I love painting with purple and adding turquoise or orange in unexpected places.
  • I love using a chisel brush to make straight lines, a palette knife to create texture, and a fluffy brush to soften a background.
  • I love when the painting muse appears with a great idea.  (But, sometimes I have to find the next idea on my own. I can't always count on the muse; she has a lousy work ethic.)
  • I love to touch a finished painting that was done with a palette knife.
  • I love stepping away from what I'm painting then looking back at it with fresh eyes. (That gives the painting fairy a chance to do her magic.)
  • I love it when someone wants one of my  paintings for their own wall.
  • I love to paint alone.
  • I love to paint with creative artist friends. (Thursdays 11:30-3:00)
  • I love watching others learn and grow as painters. (Mondays 4:00-7:00)
Look at that proud face!




Original Oil Painting 8"x 10" Wrapped Canvas
[SOLD]

4 comments:

  1. Love this perspective, making the blooms pop out! Interesting to know the twelve favorites of yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I like the perspective too. I took the reference photo by getting down on the ground in my parents' back yard.
      I think maybe celebrating my art birthday is important to me because I'd never painted at all until that first lesson 12 years ago. It quite literally did change my life.

      Delete
  2. And I LOVE this little painting, Helen. The color is so vibrant..... and your post made me smile as I read all 12 things you love about painting.... here’s to your next 12 years.

    ReplyDelete