Thursday, February 28, 2019

Scattered Crayons


I love crayons.  
I love them pointy and new and smelling good.
I still love them broken and with peeled paper wrapping.

I loved coloring when I was little.  
I'd lay on the front porch and color the next page in a coloring book.
I stayed inside the lines, always!  And, I always used the right colors.
But, I never called them crayons; they were just my "colors."

I loved coloring with my kids. 
I think maybe I liked it better than they did.  I'm trying to remember, but I'm pretty sure they'd let me color in their coloring books while they played with something else.
Goodness, but aren't they the cutest little green crayon and pink crayon ever!

I like markers just fine.
I really like colored pencils a lot. 
But, I love crayons the best.

** Have you seen those new Twistables crayons?  
love, Love, LOVE those!

This is the second in a series of simple toys. (Unless, I don't ever get around to doing the marbles and whatever else I think of.  In that case, this is the other half of the pair of paintings of simple toys.)  The first one was "Jacks & Ball."

Original Oil Painting on 12"x 6" Wrapped Canvas.
Click "Scattered Crayons" if you'd like to purchase this little painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment