Saturday, September 28, 2019

Autumn Still Life


I'm not sure I ever slowed down enough to really enjoy autumn for the first half century of my life.  The older I get, the more I love fall.  I've been noticing that  feeling in the air lately... the tinkling sounds from the wind chime on the back porch... leaves beginning to let go and flutter down... grass and woods a little less green... garden looking sad and needing to be put to bed for the winter... chickens molting to get ready for their cold weather feathers... a full freezer of the summer's harvest... sunset earlier and earlier...
I love autumn.

I painted this still life with one of my favorite human beings in the entire world.  How lucky I am to have Cheri for my art mentor / teacher / friend!
I haven't posted new paintings lately, but it's not because I haven't been painting!  One day each week this month, I've joined Cheri in her studio.  When the opportunity for painting lessons presented itself, I was not going to pass it up. Cheri inspires, helps me... and pushes me way out of my artistic comfort zone.

If you happen to be near Shawnee, Oklahoma, stop in to Inspire Studio and Art to see her beautiful work in person.

And, if you aren't near there, you an still see it here.







Original Oil Painting on 12"x 12" Wrapped Canvas
Click "Autumn Harvest" if you'd like to purchase this painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment