Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Red Barn and Wishing Well


When I look at this painting my eyes wander... and my mind wonders...

Can an image be described as poetic?
When I was a teacher, my students and I would sometimes do an activity using "I wonder..." statements when we looked at a poem. 

I find myself doing it with this image.
  • I wonder...
  • I wonder if who owned this barn...
  • I wonder who dug the well...
  • I wonder if any animals still live here...
  • I wonder why they painted the barn red...
  • I wonder if the water from the well tastes fresh...
  • I wonder if the wind is blowing...
  • I wonder if there is still hay in the loft...
  • I wonder why there are no tools or equipment around the barn...
  • I wonder if the woods also belong to the farmer...
  • I wonder if there's a musty hay-like smell when the door opens...
  • I wonder what forgotten treasures are tucked away inside...
  • I wonder if children played in the hay...
  • I wonder if they made hay from the grass around the barn...
  • I wonder if they had cows... or sheep... or goats... or a donkey...
  • I wonder if farming was the only income or a side job...
  • I wonder if anyone still uses this barn...
  • I wonder if anyone still cares about this barn...
  • I wonder...

Original Oil Painting on 12"x 16" Wrapped Canvas.
[SOLD]

No comments:

Post a Comment