Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Ho Ho Ho!

It's been a month since I've painted.  A broken right arm kind of brings some things to a halt... like painting.  I'm healing, and am more capable every day.  Although I still have my cast thingy, I can pretty much do anything I want to now.
And, I want to paint!

I started with something simple and using acrylics. 
Ta-Da!  
My first painting in a month!

I painted it for the next art show that I get to be a part of. I'm going to have a small booth in my friend and art mentor's "Whimsical Santa Claus Event" on Friday. 
I'm also taking Nutcracker Santas!
 And Whimsical Santas!

And Oyster Shell Santas! We were on the Outer Banks or North Carolina after this year's hurricane and collected so many shells.  Oyster shells aren't very pretty on their own, but they sure are cute dressed up as Santas!

My Santa suit painting was so fun, I decided to do another one and supersize it!  Ho! Ho!! Ho!!! Ha! Ha!! Ha!! 
You can't tell from this photo what I mean by supersizing it.

Here's the first one, ready to load up for the trip to Oklahoma.
And.... here's the supersized one... 
Hmmm... 
I wonder how that's going to work out...
If you're near Shawnee, Oklahoma on Friday, come see us!

Original Acrylic Painting on 16"x 20" Wrapped Canvas
[SOLD]
And 
Original Acrylic Painting on 30"x 40' Wrapped Canvas
[SOLD]


2 comments:

  1. Always feel good that I never broke anything other than my toe I think a couple of times. So will probably start my first break with something really important. Glad you are doing better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, no! I broke a kneecap in my 30s, a leg in my 40s, and an arm in my 50s. Just take your calcium, stay upright, and keep those bones intact!

      Delete