Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Santa Claus


Months ago my friend and art mentor, Cheri asked me if I'd like to be a part of a weekend of Santas.  I had no idea what that meant, but I said, "Yes! I'm in!  What do you want me to do?"  Her instructions were open and intentionally vague.  She said to bring art with a Santa theme. There was no other limit... just Santas.
Cheri had an open house at her Inspire Studio and Gallery in Shawnee, Oklahoma on the night of the city's Christmas event, and she invited us to be a part of it as guest artists.
My painting partner, Julie, and I had fun during the last few weeks creating different Santa themed ideas to bring. On Friday morning we loaded up the car and headed west to set up our little Santa booths. 
Cute! Don't you think!
Lots of people came through, and it was a fun evening.  
But... that was only half of it...
The next morning there was a Santa paint along workshop.  I love being a part of something where someone paints their very first painting ever.  
This was my first time back at the easel doing intricate work since breaking my right arm.  Hmph!!... Being able to use your wrist is pretty much an important thing when painting... I did take my cast thingy off a couple of times but got mom faces (You know... head slanted, eyes cut, lips pursed...) until I put it right back on.
Every one had a jolly ole' time together and left with a nice little Santa painting.

Original Acrylic Painting on 8"x 10 Canvas Panel
Click "Santa Claus" if you'd like to purchase this little painting.

2 comments:

  1. had to switch browers again as still can't post here. Anyway, said I didn't know you broke your arm. Sorry not sure how I missed that. Know you are glad to be painting again. Santas are indeed fun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Yeah, I do NOT recommend breaking your arm... being able to paint is the least of your concerns!

      Delete