Saturday, February 8, 2020

Just Down the Road


Just down the road, just around the bend...
     You'll see my veggie garden and my 12 little hens.

Just down the road, just past the hill...
     You'll see purple irises and yellow daffodils.

You can watch the squirrels and cardinals in my favorite dogwood tree
     or sit on my red benches and visit there with me.

Just down the road, my yard will be your view.
     Come right on over!  I'll be waiting there for you.











I painted this in response to Sara's Inspiration Image for February's Inspiration Collaboration.  Her photograph shows what she sees when she goes for a walk outside her house, and she asks, "Where do you live?" 
There are so many specific things I love about my backyard.  How could I choose one to paint that would represent it all?  
As I was coming back from taking my little dog on a walk, I knew when I got right here, what I'd paint.  
It made me think of the part of Mary Poppins (the book) when they all jump into a sidewalk picture because there's so much more to the painting... You just can't see it because it's behind the trees.
There are so many things to see if you go a little further... just down the road.

Original Oil Painting on 12"x 16" Wrapped Canvas
[SOLD]

4 comments:

  1. I want to hop in your picture and go for a walk down the road and around the corner!! You definitely live in a beautiful area!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you! That's what I'd hoped for... that you'd just want to hop in and walk around the bend!

      Delete
  2. It looks like a wonderful place to go exploring, and I love all of your chickens!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You better be careful saying that you love my chickens... It might prompt me to tell you all their names and personalities... But if you're in the neighborhood, it might also prompt me to give you a dozen eggs. :)

      Delete