Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Sunflower Shine

At midday, when the sun is high in the sky, the color shimmers off each petal as it reaches upward.  All day long, their faces follow the sun's path across the sky.  I stand quietly at the edge of the garden and watch their silent nods, a show that gives me pause, reflecting on a season well spent.

Photo by Sara Harley
I was inspired by both the image and the writing from this month's Inspiration Collaboration image.  Sara wrote, "Late in the day, when the sun is lower in the sky, the light bounces off our small outdoor fish pond and into our home. For a short time, the glow dances across our living room ceiling in shimmering aerial ballet. I sit quietly in my chair and watch the silent performance, a shape shifting show that gives me pause, reflections and afterglow of a day well spent."

Original Palette Knife Oil Painting on 10"x 10" Wrapped Canvas.
[SOLD]

2 comments:

  1. Always fun to see where your inspiration takes you. I keep thinking I need to give this a try, and then I forget because I'm distracted by other things. I still want to do the chair piece. I need to put it on my to do list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! You do need to. Shall I keep an eye on your To-Do Tuesdays lists to see if/when it shows up? Hmmm?

      Delete