Sunday, December 20, 2020

Smoky Mountain Stream

 

I'd love to spend some time sitting on a big rock right there. 

I think there are "beach people" and "city people" and "lake people" and "big-sky people"... Which one are you? I think we're "mountain people."

Ron especially loves stopping at creeks and just spending time watching the water flow over the rocks. Here are some photos from some time we spent in the Smoky Mountains of Tennessee a while back.  I used one of them as a reference for this painting.













This pretty little stream is my response to the third art challenge with my friend Cheri.  This week's challenge was "Rocks."

Original Oil Painting on 9"x 12" Wrapped Canvas
[SOLD]

4 comments:

  1. That is a pretty painting. I'm not sure where I fall in those categories. I'm definitely small-town. While I love the mountains, I'm not much into exploring them anymore. I used to love hiking in wooded areas, but lost that somewhere along the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love it when I get to choose the palette knife.
      Maybe we go through life seasons. I do know that time in big cities has never been a favorite for me either.

      Delete
  2. Anywhere close to nature is where I prefer to be. I would love to sit by this stream for a while.

    ReplyDelete