Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Clothes on the Line


An image like this makes me want to slow down, see if there's a porch on the front side of this cabin, and listen to some stories about way back when.


Sometimes I have to wait for the painting muse to give me an idea or some inspiration.  
Sometimes the painting muse has to wait for me to pay attention when she's handing me the idea or inspiration.

A few years ago I fell in love with a simple painting of some girls' dresses hanging on the clothes line.  It may be my favorite painting of my art mentor, Cheri.  It hangs in her Inspire Studio in Shawnee, Oklahoma.
I thought, "It would be fun to paint clothes on a line."

A few months ago (after vaccinations but still wearing masks), we went to Dollywood while spending some days in the Smoky Mountains.  This little scene reminded me, "I really should paint clothes on a line some time."




A few weeks ago, the new Inspiration Image, Laundry Dance, was posted on Inspiration Collaboration.
Then I knew, "It's time to paint clothes on a line now."









Original Oil Painting on 11"x 14" Wrapped Canvas
[SOLD]

2 comments:

  1. We took our clothesline down when we had to tackle the septic project, and I really miss it. Nothing beats the fresh air smell of line-dried laundry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that the invention of the drier meant my mom wasn't going to mess with hanging clothes on the line any more. We did have those big rusty metal Ts in the yard that the line had once hung from. I suppose I like the idea of clothes on the line more than doing the work of hanging clothes on the line. Ha ha ha

      Delete