Friday, October 1, 2021

Beside Still Waters II

 

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures:

He leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul:
                                                                           Psalm 23: 1-3 

This image must speak to my soul.  I find it soothing and like having it on my wall.  Whenever it sells, it makes me happy/sad to see it go to a new home. Then after a while I paint it again and put it back on my own wall for a while.
2009

2017

2020

My painting partner Julie and I are preparing to teach a landscape class for seniors this next week.  I can't think of a better landscape image to use.

My weekly art challenge was "Quiet" this time.  "Quiet" can be a (lack of) sound or a feeling.  This landscape captures both the sound and feeling for me.


Thanks to Robert Woods for making how-to-paint books over 30 years ago that are still great references today.


Oil Painting on 9"x 12" Wrapped Canvas
[SOLD]

2 comments:

  1. I can understand why those paintings sell, and why you make more. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll see how the participants in our Landscape Painting for Beginners workshop goes later this week. We have 24 senior citizens who are going to give it a whirl!

      Delete