Wednesday, October 20, 2021

The Mural on the Back of the Shed - Continued


For a refresher on how the shed mural began, click
HERE!  

What a fun project this is!

It started in June when I realized that my husband's new shed had a great big blank wall on the back side... Hmmm....

I worked pretty consistently on it for a while then... [Insert list of excuses here... Be sure to include how hot it was in July and August... and September.] ...then I didn't work on it for a while.  But today, I got back to it!  

Do you see...
* The tree branch that hangs down into the photo in the top left corner? It was green when I began this painting.  Look now. It's yellow! (Hello, Fall!)
* The space between the ground and the bottom of the wood has been filled in with gravel and soil and monkey grass. (Yep... one bucket full at a time... ugh...) My thought is that the grasses will just grow up and be a part of the picture.
* There's a temporary fence across the bottom.  My chickens cannot stay out of fresh dirt, rocks, grass.  They want to get in there and scratch around in it so badly.  Even today as I moved the fence to paint, they were right behind me waiting for a chance to get in there and mess it all up. Chickens... sigh... they just won't learn.

Do you remember those "hidden picture" pages?  I tried to think of all the friends that make themselves at home here.  Enlarge the photo to see...
* squirrel 
* doe & fawn
* possum
* owl
* cardinal
* raccoon

My three grandbabies made footprint butterflies and handprint flowers. (Although I have two more grandbabies coming soon!  There's room for more butterflies and flowers!)

What's next?
What else do I need to add?
More leaves? More flowers? Another bird? Some rocks? More grass? 

4 comments:

  1. Maybe a regal stag in the background? How about a spider in a shimmery web? A skunk? Maybe a picnic basket with a quilt somewhere (you knew I had to throw a quilt in there). It's coming along so well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking that this may just be an ongoing project... never really an end... just add little bits whenever I get the whim to do so.

      Delete
  2. I love how you've hidden various creatures in your mural and how you've included your grandchildren's creative contributions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe they'll continue to add things through the years. I hope so!

      Delete