Thursday, May 5, 2022

Come See!


What's the story behind this painting?

Well... I know what it says to me, and I know what each of the objects means to the friend who asked me to paint it.  But, you get to decide for yourself what it means to you.

I Googled, "What makes a painting symbolic?
Symbolism is when something (a visual clue) is used to represent something else.  It is the oldest form of visual communication.  Symbols can have powerful meaning and evoke strong emotion in the viewers of an artwork.  Artists use realistic and abstract symbols to represent human thoughts and emotions.  

What fun it was to work on this painting, to collaborate with the one who had the ideas.

Original Oil Painting on 22"x 28" Wrapped Canvas
[SOLD]

2 comments:

  1. Well, now I'm curious. What an interesting painting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And, I wonder what YOU think it's about. :)

      Delete