Monday, May 9, 2022

Easter Lilies (Palette Knife)


Easter lilies, day lilies, tiger lilies, surprise lilies, calla lilies, stargazer lilies, water lilies... I do love a good lily. I love seeing them... growing them... and painting them too.
This one's different.
It's not very colorful... and it's a pretty loose style....

There are several different meanings listed for the Easter lily. One is that it's symbolic of new beginnings.  I like that. I'm kind of at a place of rediscovering, redefining, and reclaiming myself as an artist. 
Maybe this Easter lily will be a new beginning for me.
I love it.

Original Oil Painting on 6"x 12" Wrapped Canvas
Click Easter Lilies if you'd like to purchase this painting.

4 comments:

  1. so beautiful and peaceful! I love the texture from the palette knife!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, good! Two words I'd hoped to portray. I can't wait for it to be completely dry. It calls out to be touched!

      Delete
  2. You've captured the beauty of the lily well - one of my favorite flowers!

    ReplyDelete