Tuesday, October 17, 2023

My Garden Harvest (October 1 - that's it for 2023)







Temperatures have been dropping into the 30s, so I decided to call it and bring in all the green tomatoes.  Most of them will ripen on the counter. 
Our garden completely exceeded all expectations this summer. It was both fun to harvest and a lot of work, but our freezer is full. 

I could have a blooper reel of my uncropped photos.  There's a certain yellow family member who wants desperately to "help" me, especially when there are herbs in the day's harvest. Do you see it?

6 comments:

  1. But that little fuzzy paw is so darn cute in that photo! You have had a great garden crop this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he finds that fine (or is it blurry) line between adorable and annoying and gets as close to the edge of it as he can. Ha ha ha!

      Delete
  2. beautiful and healthy! you must have great growing conditions. What do you do with the hot peppers? People here roast some kind maybe "hatch"? We had three blessed days of normal cool weather but now back to 80's and it's depressing. We have thin atmosphere and glaring sun, so when temps are hot plus the sun it's uncomfortable in the house. I'd love it to go back to when we moved here a few years ago, when it snowed by halloween and was cool during the day. The climate has really hotted up here in the west and no going back I think. Love the artistic arrangements of your vege but really love your abundance, isn't it satisfying to see food grow?LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so satisfying to grow food. Yes, we have a great growing season. This summer we were fortunate to have a good mix of rainy days and sunny days. The jalapenos? I freeze them, some chopped fine, some sliced, some pureed. We use them in salsa. Ron likes them in omelets, soups, stir fry, just about everything. That said, ask me in May how many we have left! I cannot imagine how we'll use them all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll miss those artfully arranged veggies. My favorite of course is the paw-trait. ;)

    ReplyDelete