Friday, November 6, 2015

Basket of Strawberries

I set up this still life that reminds me of my favorite painting at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.  There are hundreds of beautiful works of art there, but my favorite, favorite, favorite painting is "Basket of Peaches". I have to go stand in front of it for a few minutes every time we go. 
And, yes, I did paint my own version of "Basket of Peaches". One might be worth a million dollars more than the other, but I love them both.
Basket of Peaches
Joseph Decker - 1885
In Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art
Basket of Peaches
Helen Eaton - 2013
in my sister-in-law, Karen's kitchen


I'm pretty sure this will be the end of my strawberry series.
I'm not saying I'll never paint another strawberry, but it will be a while. 
Strawberry Ice Cream
Strawberry Girl
Strawberries
Strawberries & Blackberries
A Great Big Strawberry


Bowl of Strawberries


Original Oil Painting on 11" x 14" Wrapped Canvas
[SOLD]


1 comment:

  1. Those are all so good. I like the bowl of strawberries! And your peaches are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete