Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Peacock

I don't know any peacocks personally, but I do have a couple of turkey friends.  When they open up those feathers, they're so beautiful and obviously they know it!  They strut around acting so proud and pompous.  I looked up the definition - "irritatingly grand, solemn, or self important."  Yep, that's just about right.
But, I wonder... when no one is around, do you think one peacock looks at the other and says, "Hey, Chuck, I'd give anything to take these feathers off for a while, wouldn't you?" 
 "Yeah, it's really exhausting to be this beautiful all the time."


Honestly, what's more striking than a peacock with its vivid blue and gorgeous feathers all fanned out? Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful.  I suppose "pompous" isn't very complimentary.  How about "regal" instead.  That has a better meaning  - "magnificent and dignified."

I saw a picture of a table with a peacock painted on the diagonal and thought... Hmmm... I wonder if I could turn a canvas catty-corner... This one was awfully fun to paint!

Original Oil Painting on 12"x 12" Wrapped Canvas
[GIFT]

No comments:

Post a Comment