Friday, August 14, 2020

Lupine Landscape

Lupines aren't native to my part of the world. Except for seeing them in the children's book Miss Rumphius, I'd never even heard 
of lupines until five years ago when we took a trip to Maine. To say we loved it would be an understatement. Of all the places we've visited, Maine is at the top of the list for places we want to return to. One unexpected treat was seeing lupines... everywhere! I fell in love with them.  It's good that we were on vacation and not in a hurry to get anywhere because we stopped for me to take pictures of them many, many times.









I took photos of lupines with the thought that one day I'd use one as a reference for painting.  Sara's Inspiration Image Freedom was just the motivation I needed to finally paint lupines.  I look forward to the day that we'll feel free to travel once again.  Maybe we'll take a trip back to Maine and enjoy the lupines.

Original Oil Painting on 10"x 20" Wrapped Canvas
[SOLD]

2 comments:

  1. We loved our trip to Maine a couple of years ago! I don't recall seeing lupine, but we have it up north here in Minnesota. It is a beautiful flower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe there's a certain season when it's in full bloom. We were there mid June.

      Delete