Saturday, August 8, 2020

Squash Blossom


From mid April until early September, tending the garden is a part of every day. I marvel at every stage.
I have five squash plants. (Honestly, that's probably about four too many!) I planted them this year in the round pots at the front of the garden where they onions had been during late spring. The plants are huge... long thick stems, wide lush leaves, and huge yellow blossoms hidden underneath. 
Of all my vegetables, it would never have occurred to me to put a squash plant on canvas. The description of Sara's Inspiration Image, however, made me notice again how pretty a squash plant can be. Under her beautiful photograph of a butterfly on a purple flower, she wrote, "...catmint is a good companion plant for squash. Apparently it's also a good companion plant for butterflies."
Hmmm... What was missing?  Her picture showed the catmint and the butterfly... but... What about the squash?


Original Oil Painting on 8"x 10" Wrapped Canvas
Click Squash Blossom if you'd like to purchase this painting.

4 comments:

  1. I would never think to paint a squash blossom either, but why not? Look how pretty they are! That bright yellow blossom just pops out and brings a smile to my face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not only is it pretty to look at... it's fun to say! Squash Blossom!

      Delete
  2. Your yellow squash blossoms make me feel happy...just the way I feel when I'm in my garden :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then that's a goal reached... when a painting I've done makes someone smile. :)

      Delete