Monday, March 29, 2021

Sentimental Stargazer Lilies (Mini Version)

My blog friend, Nelvia, asked me to be part of an art exchange.  Of course, I wanted to say no thank you because, well, other artists are so good and... they might be disappointed when they received my art and... Pffftt.. All that insecure artist dribble and nonsense rose directly to the top. But, it was Nelvia, so of course I said yes.

I painted a mini version of the very first painting I ever submitted to Inspiration Collaboration. Then I made a postcard and wrote about myself to a stranger. The note and little artwork went into an envelope and off it went to New Jersey.

A few days later I received a lovely note and an incredibly beautiful little piece of art from that same stranger... my new friend, Carole.

I look forward doing this again this summer.

Original Oil Painting on 5"x 7" Canvas Board
[GIFT - Artist Exchange]

4 comments:

  1. Helen, I will always treasure my sentimental stargazer lilies painting. It will hang in my home and connect my to your beautiful art, your passion to create, and to your journey as a painter which, coincidentally, began on my birthday. So happy Nelvia put us up to this. Carole xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. And just like that, you've found a new friend. I love this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. The world gets just a little bit smaller when you have a new friend from far away.

      Delete