Monday, April 12, 2021

Good Morning, Goats!

Can you just imagine the conversation as their farmer opens the barn door?
FARMER: Good morning, goats!
GRUMPY IN THE BACK RIGHT: It's about time!
FLOPPY EARS IN THE BACK LEFT: You're late!
CUTE KID IN THE FRONT: Hurray!  A new day! Let's go!
MOMMA IN THE MIDDLE: Did you bring the food? 
OLD GOAT SMIRKING ON THE SIDE: Y'all know I go first, right?

I was scrolling along through Instagram when this image flipped by. Wait!  Go back! I love this!  I looked at it a long time... took a screenshot of it... kept going back to look at it again.  Finally I got up the courage to send a direct message to @birches_hobby_farm to ask permission to paint their fabulous goats.

Every once in a while an image does that.  It tells a story and begs to have that story put on canvas.

When I learned that my painting challenge for the week was "Something Old, Something New,"  I decided to make it work! Yippee! There's an old goat and a baby goat. It fits!

Original Oil Painting on 16"x 16" Wrapped Canvas
I'm going to love having this on my own wall while it waits for its forever home.  Click Good Morning, Goats! if you'd like to purchase this painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment