Tuesday, April 6, 2021

My Rooster... Bob


 Let me introduce you to Bob... my rooster.

No. We never (thought we) wanted a rooster, yet I'm finally admitting that a rooster is what we have. 
I've run out of denials: That chick, Barbie, is bigger than the others... Barbie's tail feathers are getting long... Barb stands up tall all the time... Her neck feathers are full and bright... She kind of struts around like she's the boss... 
Then one night around 2:30, I thought some terrible crime was taking place in the back yard.  I sat up and whispered, "Did you hear that? It sounded like someone being strangled! There it is again!" Ron rolled over and said, "I think it's just Bob." 
Yep. Barb, was Bob.  
He crows... all... night... long...
He crows... all... the... time... 
Errrr.... er-er.... er-errrrrrrrrrr...

Bob is gorgeous... and he knows it.  He loves (in every sense of the word) the ladies.  He has an attitude of superiority.  And, he cracks us up. We did not intend to, but we love him.
We have a rooster.

My art challenge for the week was "Coat of Many Colors." (If you haven't listened to Dolly Parton's song by that title in a few years, click HERE to be reminded of it.) Bob certainly does wear a coat of many colors.

You can't have Bob, but if you'd like to purchase the painting, click My Rooster.

No comments:

Post a Comment