Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Spring Has Sprung Dogwood Tree

I adore dogwood trees.
They're such a sign of spring! 
When we moved into our new house in the fall of 2001, we had no idea how lucky we'd be the next spring when so many wild dogwood trees would bloom.

When we go for our evening walks we pass this friend... little dogwood tree. It takes us through every season.  In summer it's lush and green.  In autumn it has red berries then red leaves. In winter it rests.  Spring (particularly April) is it's time to show off.


The topic for my Creative Companions group this week was "Spring Has Sprung."  The companion piece shows that friend tree.  The four photos show it during the first week of April with buds, the second week of April with new blooms, the third week of April with full blooms, and the fourth week of April with the fading blooms.
+
Original Oil Painting on 9"x 12" Wrapped Canvas
Click Spring Has Sprung Dogwood Tree if you'd like to purchase this painting.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful dogwood photos and a sweet painting to remember the blooms year round!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. All the dogwoods are finished for the year. Now it's the iris's turn to put on their show!

      Delete
  2. Love your painting, and oh my you ARE lucky! I have always wanted dogwood trees. I am so happy to spot that pretty white bloom in the midst of a bunch of trees. Your little tree doesn't look so little.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll agree... I am lucky to live where dogwoods bloom. This little dogwood is actually quite little and quite scraggly. The big tree in the picture is a different tree. The dogwood is scrunched along its side and kind of wraps around it.

      Delete
  3. Pretty tree! We don’t have them here. I’m waiting for the pink and white crabapple trees to bloom. Then, that’s a show! Lovely post! Enjoyed your word list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I don't know where you live, but I'm sad for you that you don't get to have dogwoods... Then again... I'm not sure what the pink and white crabapple blooms look like... So... We'll just agree that spring is a wonderful time to look around outside.

      Delete