Saturday, May 27, 2023

Life Book 2023 (March, April, May)

I've continues to participate in Willowing Arts Life Book 2023 this spring. There were weekly lessons in March and May.
  • I'm getting used to trying things that I don't know if I can pull off.
  • I'm feeling more comfortable with feeling uncomfortable with different styles and mediums.
  • I completely look forward to opening my computer on Sunday evenings to see what lessons I'll have for the week to come.
Let me share what I've done!

There were some lessons on collage...


There were watercolor & oil pastel lessons...



There were lessons using acrylics & paint pens...



There were mark making lessons...

These next four actually came from a different class that I signed up for.  
It was called Sketchbook Revival 2023. 
I did not make a self-commitment to do every lesson in this one, but I enjoyed the four that I chose.
This fox was the reason I signed up. 
I wanted the lesson on painting Tamara Laporte's fox.
I had done something similar by this artist teacher, Toni Burt,
before and enjoyed it enough to want to do another.
This one was so fun! Try it!
1. organic shape from the top
2. geometric shape from the bottom
3. organic horizontal line
4. geometric vertical line
5. a circle
6. choose 3 colors 
When my Weekly-ish Challenge was "Lines,"
I had to give this one a second go.
Well, how could I resist?! 
This artist teacher made it look so easy, and hers were so good. 

13 comments:

  1. So many fun and interesting projects! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've loved collage since we were in college. I haven't done it in so long, yours reminds me how fun it is. OK so my favorites are your chickens, but wow on everything you are doing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I remember doing collage way back in the day... But I think it was much simpler then when we just cut out words and pictures from magazines and glued them onto things!
      I just never know what lessons will be next!

      Delete
  3. It looks like you are having great fun with ALL of those techniques, Helen!! I signed up for Sketchbook Revival, but never did any of the work. Thanks for the reminder about that linework class! I still want to try that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! You have to do that one! I think it would be fun big or small, experienced artist or not, young or old. Give it a try then show me how it turns out!

      Delete
  4. wowie!
    faves of mine are that cow, the mask wearing image, and your collages are much more appealing to me than the usual journal collage work being shown! Awesome art here Helen!
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Thanks so much LeeAnna! I know I'm doing so many different things! I wonder how my art will change once I finish all these lessons. Hmmm...

      Delete
  5. love the different techniques...so fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. not sure why I still can't sign in....comment by Sara :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Sara! I'm trying!
      I hate that you aren't able to sign in! Boo!!

      Delete
  6. Well you know I love the collage. Wow, you are getting exposure to such a great cross section of materials, work, and styles. It will be quite fun to see what sticks in your unique style as you go forward. Am so glad you
    are enjoying this now and feeling comfortable playing and not worrying about those masterpieces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do wonder what "will stick" after experience with all these different things. Yes, I am enjoying. Yes, I'm feeling more comfortable. But, I'm not sure that I'm finished worrying about wanting masterpieces!

      Delete