Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Gourd Fairy House

Once there was a tiny garden fairy who lived in a gourd nestled in the vines...
.
I don't know the rest, but I know there's a good story to go along with this little painting! Somebody just needs to write it!

My Weekly-ish Challenge was "Gourd."  Hmmm... I think the idea was that I should paint a lovely fall still life, but that just wasn't the mood that struck me this time.

It just so happens that I have a cousin who paints gourds... literally paints gourds. She creates all kinds of seasonal characters out of gourds.  And, she makes fairy houses out of them too.  Click HERE and have a look. 

Thanks, Charlotte, for letting me use one of your fairy houses as a guide for painting my gourd... well...not actually painting a gourd... but doing a painting of a gourd.

Original Oil Painting on 8"x 10" Canvas Board
[GIFT]

4 comments:

  1. I've always liked those birdhouses made from gourds; never thought of a fairy house! Fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should click over to her site. She does all sorts of things with gourds. Who knew that was a thing!

      Delete
  2. Your painting is just, well, enchanting! I've seen painted gourds before, but your sister's are spectacular. Does she grow them too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's very good, isn't she! When I was little they did some similar painting with rocks!

      Delete