Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Wolf


I never thought I'd become comfortable with watercolor.  Oh, no, I'm still not! ... Yet... but I'm getting closer!   Each new attempt is just a little less daunting!

This wolf was from one of Tamara LaPorte's lessons in the Life Book 2023 on-line class I'm taking. I pretty much watch, listen, and follow along.  I still haven't branched out on my own to attempt a watercolor piece... but I'm getting closer!  Maybe one day I will!

I think the look in this wolf's eyes says, "You can do it!"

6 comments:

  1. Pretty amazing considering you don't think you are comfortable with watercolor. I think it's beautiful. You must be teacher's pet by now.
    Thought of you yesterday when I saw a quilt on Instagram that won Best of Show in a quilt show - it looks like a painting of a little girl yet has all kinds of critters hidden in her hair. You might want to take a peek at it:
    https://thequiltshow.com/see-quilts/featured-quilts/monkeys-in-my-hair-evie-deborah-s-hyde

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh goodness, you are very kind. Considering that there are hundreds of participants from all around the world, I could neither be the teacher's bet, nor would she even notice me in the group. However, I would like to think we'd be friends if we ever did meet.
      And that quilt from the link... O! M! Z! No wonder it was best in show! That's simply amazing beyond words.

      Delete
  2. I agree with Linda. You are really doing well with watercolor! You've captured that wolf well. So fun to see what you are working on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I'm not sure there is a medium you wouldn't be good at. The wolf is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you're very kind. I'm still following a teacher. I haven't yet sat down wit a set of watercolors to paint something of my very own. I will... one of these days... I will. And, if it's good (or at the very least not terrible) it will show up here!

      Delete