Thursday, April 11, 2019

Watering Yellow Roses


There's a story on this canvas!  I just know there's a story... 
I wonder what it is...
  • What's her name?
  • Where does the path lead?
  • Why are the roses in pots?
  • Who helps her with the flowers?
  • Is that a special dress?
There are lots of ideas bouncing around in my head. Maybe there's more than one story on this canvas.

Sometimes the colors, shapes, and ideas flow and the painting appears without much effort. Other times... not so much.
This painting had a mind of its own... 
I did the trees and sky one way then changed the color and the shape.
I did the path one way then changed the direction and the width.
I did the grass smooth and formal then changed to add wildflowers and texture.
I did the watering can yellow then changed it to blue.
I did the shoes yellow then changed them to purple.
I did the face one way then another then another then another... then another...
... sigh...
I should have listened to the painting better from the beginning.  
The painting knew its story all along. 

This is the fourth painting for the bedrooms of Welcome Home Retreat. 
It's for the Yellow Rose of Texas Room. 
Click below to see each of the other three.

Original Oil Painting on 16"x 20" Wrapped Canvas
[SOLD]

No comments:

Post a Comment