Saturday, March 28, 2020

Chickie Bags



I know I should post my latest painting... if only I had a finished painting to show.  You'd think during this time of quarantine, I'd be upstairs in the garret studio just painting away...Nope...It seems to be hard for me to plunge into creativity when my mind is filled with such serious things as the news is filled with. I actually do have two paintings started but... SQUIRREL!  My friend, Sandra from mmmquilts calls that a DrEAMI! (Drop Everything And Make It!) when you just forget what you'd planned to be working on and get sidetracked by a whole new project.

Aren't these little drawstring bags the cutest!  What are they for, you ask?  Hmmm... Of course, each of my two sweet grandbabies might need one. Otherwise, no specific reason other than filling quarantine time.  Oh, it does make my heart sing, though, to use up old scraps and make something out of nothing!

Because I wanted something just plain happy and fun, I downloaded the pattern, Oliver Owl, from an Etsy store, Winter Peach, and got busy.



I hope you are staying safe wherever you are. 
I hope you are doing something creative to occupy your mind.
I hope you are finding moments of joy each day.

5 comments:

  1. Those are adorable! I can totally see why you had to drop everything and make some!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They were fun! And, there's nothing better than using up little scraps to make something!

      Delete
  2. I just love these sweet bags Helen! A perfect from grandma gift for your two and I just know the right recipients will present themselves for the others. Oh I get that about the heart singing! And about having trouble focusing. And of course I totally get you having a DrEAMi! And boy did you ever! Thank you for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Ahhh... we do love using up little scraps that most of the world would have tossed in the bin ages ago.

      Delete
  3. Oh what cute little bags! Clearly, Sandra was sprinkling her squirrel dust liberally the past few days. I've tossed aside all planned sewing for the week and have been fully engaged in a squirrel dance. As a matter of fact, I was thinking of you this afternoon while I made more progress on it, realizing that you would fully understand the fun I'm having as I play with some improv.

    ReplyDelete