Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Kitty in a Basket

I know that not everyone is a cat person, but for those of us who are, it's hard to understand why everybody doesn't love cats.   Our kitty, Buff, wants to be where the people are (Sounds like the beginning of the Little Mermaid's song, doesn't it.) all... the... time...

He'd prefer to lie across the keyboard... It's just the most comfortable spot!
He feels like stretching out in the middle of the kitchen floor... That seems to be where the action is! 
He needs to bat at the cords... They're so tempting just dangling there!
He didn't know that people were going to begin hoarding toilet paper when he did THIS a few weeks ago.

He's been my best buddy since the evening
he showed up at our backdoor before an icy storm.


But... He's found a new favorite place... 

The computer bag on the chair beside Ron in his new work-from-home office (a.k.a. the kitchen table) has the most wonderful little patch of sunshine.

I hope you are staying safe in these uncertain days. As you're social distancing, I hope you have a little patch of sunlight or a basket to curl up in. 😉

Thanks to my friend Terri for letting me use her photo of her kitty Mateo as a reference.

Original Oil Painting on 12"x 12" Wrapped Canvas
Click "Kitty in a Basket" if you'd like to purchase this little painting.

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely painting. Wilbur likes my lap now and again, although he thinks any stitching I'm doing is playtime when he's on my lap. Buff looks pretty cozy in his new spot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's just such a peaceful feeling of a kitty in the lap, isn't there.

      Delete
  2. This was a great post from the kitty in a basket, which I or Bella, know(s) well, to seeing your husband busy at work at your kitchen table. Did I ever tell you you have the same kitchen table just a lighter stain than the one I had for many years in Alberta and sadly had to sell when we left? I still miss it and I’m not surprised that we have the same table!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh... well, of course we have the same table! :)

      Delete