Saturday, May 23, 2020

Feeding Ducks with Dad-Dad


Oh, how I love an image that tells a story! 
I could explain what's going on here, but would I do that? 
There's no need to see her grin or hear her squeals to know to know she's delighted.
I don't think she's the only one who's delighted.  So is her great grand father.  And, probably the ducks are too!!

My friend Michelle sent me an old photo that she'd come across and asked me if I'd paint it.  Of course I loved it immediately!  It's exactly my kind of image... one that tells a story.

I actually know that little girl; she has a little girl about that size of her own now. However, I asked Michelle to tell me about the man. She said it was her grandfather who they called Dad-Dad. She said, "He would put those coveralls on after work.  He loved to garden and most important to spend time with his grands and greats.  When I struggled in Spanish, he got some tapes and learned along with me.  He was so amazing!" 

Original Oil Painting on 12"x 16"
[SOLD]

2 comments: